Thursday, January 15, 2009


So continuing on...
When this all began, I went to one ER and was told that it was in my head, given an ativan and sent on my way. Two days later, I was taken to a different ER, more blood was taken and oxygen was given but I was told that I was not going to die that very night, so I had to go.
I was seen at a hematologist's office, but was seen only by a nurse practitioner, never actually seen by the hematologist. Many blood tests were done.
Many outside tests were ordered:
Stress echo- I was told this was normal, even though I felt like I was going to die.
Abdominal CT- normal
Bilateral leg ultrasound- normal
Abdominal MRI- a hepatic adenoma was found- a (at that time) benign) tumor that was presumably caused by LoEstrin24. This was told to me on July 28th, 2008 and I was told to come off of the pill immediately and that the MRI would be repeated after a brief time off of the hormones. As of this date, I can't get anyone to order the repeat of the MRI.
Pelvic Ultrasound- normal
The nurse practitioner put me on Lisinopril.

I have seen my gyn and been cleared of anything on his end.
My first "new" Primary Care Physician told me that he would not be my doctor because I have too many previous diagnosis. This was before I even swelled up. I got a new PCP and he ran a bunch of blood tests and sent me to a kidney specialist.
I had a terrible cough that would not go away, and the PCP determined (after months of antibiotics) that it was the Lisinopril causing an upper respiratory infection. I was taken off of it and eventually, the cough got a bit better. I still have left-over effects from it.

The kidney specialist first said (without doing ANYTHING, I kid you not) that there is nothing wrong and sent me home. Then she called and said that there was protein in a previous urine (not done in her office, because again, she did NOTHING) so I needed to come back to do a 24 hour urine. I did that, and she decided that being on Lasix and Triemterene was dehydrating me, so I needed to come off of it. She also said that my potassium was low.

My PCP put me back on the Triemterene, but on a lower level- Maxzide, which I am on now. I was off and on the Lasix a couple of times too. Nothing has actually shown any results, diuretic-wise though.

I have gotten weaker and weaker and my mobility has gotten severey impaired. I still have no answers. I will write more later. I am too tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment