Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Oops?

It seems that the reason my blood sugars were so high (and therefore my A1C took a hike) is that I was given the wrong chart of how much Humalog to take, and therefore was taking an insufficient amount several times a day.
I am on a more accurate scale now, and the sugars are on their way to the right place now. Yay!

I have stayed under 230lbs for a couple of months now. I am happy with that, in that it isn't 265lbs, but very frustrated that I am not losing more, since I don't eat very much, and I exercise a LOT. There is still a lot more edema than there is fat. Like, I am so swollen that I can't put my arms all the way down- they just pop outward and it makes me VERY self-conscious.

I have been taking Turmeric supplements to see if that would help. I don't know yet if it is.

My sleep schedule is still basically non-existent. That bothers me. I basically don't use my CPAP machine because it really seems to make matters much, much worse.

I am at a loss. At the same time, I keep trying. I gave my endocrinologist a form to apply to a program in Maryland that deals with un-diagnosed diseases. It is a long-shot, but I figure it is worth a try. The worst they can do is not accept me, and I'd be no different than I am now. If t hey do accept me, MAYBE I can get some answers. Til then, I will keep searching.

I am supposed to see a Neurologist sometime soon. I should check on when that is...

No comments:

Post a Comment