Thursday, May 14, 2009

Okay because my life needs more confusion...

I don't think I mentioned that on my most recent appointment wit my PCP (April 27th) my mother had to take me what with the being very swollen and the eye surgery 2 days prior and the still being in pain from the car accident where the airbags didn't deploy.... anyway, some other people also came along because they didn't really have a choice.
The nurse/secretary was NOT happy about this and was rude and nasty and allowed me in for my noon appointment at nearly 2pm (while keeping a 10 month old and a woman with MS waiting with me) The PCP supposedly swabbed me to check for MRSA, but I have not received any results, nor have I been able to get taken off hold to get any answers (this woman is the only person who handles anything, it seems)
So on the 12th of May, I got a piece of mail from a collection agency supposedly about a bill for $34 from the PCP. I had never gotten a bill, nor should I, because I am insured, and disabled. There was no "date of service" on the bill and the agency did not answer, and had a fake v oicemail. Ironically enough, the agency number and the PCP number are only one digit off...hrmmmm....
Anyway, on the 13th of May, I got a hand-addressed envelope from the Dr.;s office and inside was a bright orange paper that said it was a notice of small claims trial to be filed within 30 days if I didn't pay the $34. Let me tell you, I am NOT paying the money. I do not owe it, and I was never sent an actual BILL, so they can spend the well-more-than-34-dollars it will cost them to take my disabled ass to court so I can watch them lose.
I called and had the doctor paged and asked him what was going on, and he stated that he would find out and let me know what was going on tomorrow, which would be today, and given that it is 7:11pm now I am fairly certain he isn't going to do jack shit.
I am going to have to type up a letter and send it certified and get this matter addressed. The whole thing is just ridiculous.

On Tuesday (I think) I get to travel for like 5 hours on public transit to pee in a cup and come back home. Such a good use of my time...

I would really like to know what is going on with the tests that they took while I was at my appointment on the 5th of May. Nothing accute doesn't mean nothing to report. I need to know what is going on and it is my damn right to know what is going on.

I actually left a voicemail with Johns Hopkins Hospital at 12:48am last night/this morning because I am that damn desperate for answers. I left another one today. How would I get to Baltimore if they thought they could actually do something? I have no idea, but I will cross that bridge if and when I ever get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment