Monday, December 21, 2009

It has been a long couple of weeks.

Retina appointment on 12/16.
Improved 3 lines on the right and 2 lines on the left.
This is an improvement back toward my ORIGINAL crappy vision, not toward 20/20 or anything, but hey, progress is progress, right?
The bad news is that I do need more surgery on the left eye. Soon. "Before it starts bleeding again" sort of thing.
Also, the loss of peripheral vision is sort of a trade-off to keeping/fixing my central vision. It will not come back. That saying about how "you don't know what you've got til its gone" is so very true. I had no idea how useful it actually was. I mean.. I know its useful, but like... I don't know how to word it, do you know what I mean??

The next day.. I had 3 appointments right in a row: Nutritionist, Endocrinologist, and Echo-cardiogram. Was a full day. Pretty positive in most regards. I mean, the issues are still there, but we are working toward trying to figure out what is going on, get my appointments co-ordinated and such, and maybe get me working toward an insulin pump.

There is a LOT more to write, regarding more tests and more trips to the hospital, but I am still fighting off this bug, so I am going to stop for now and try to get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment