Monday, August 2, 2010

Can't sleep.

I can't sleep. I'm watching the Sir Paul McCartney/White HouseNGershwin Award thing on PBS. It is pretty awesome.

I had to go to the ER at the place I had surgery again on Saturday, because I had extreme pain and flashes of light. Basically, the stitches are poking through and causing pain, and there is not much I can so besides keep using the ointment and hope it feels better. It hurts to even move my eye.

Before I went to the ER, I had a regular appointment with my PCP. Had to do the urine again because they didn't actually send the culture to her from the lab for some reason. She said her GUESS about the continued abdominal pain is diverticulitis, and prescribed cipro (which we have to see if I am resistant or not to...) and flagyl. Thing is, that after 11 years of being my PCP, this was her very last day at the place I've been going to see her. I am supposed to check in with her in a few days to let her know if the antibiotics made the pain go away. I have her e-mail address for that. She had recommended a colleague of hers to be my new PCP, whom she thinks will be a good match for me. I told her I was willing to give it a try.

Time will tell.

Man, I need sleep. It is almost 5:30am.

No comments:

Post a Comment