Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Well, that was fun...

I was taken in about 45 minutes late for my kidney appointment, and then had to wait a while for the actual doctor to come in. Still not as long as my usual wait, but then, with my pain being isolated to my upper left back and circling around to my chest, he sent me for labs and for an x-ray of my chest. That took forever.
In between, I went to the foot doctor's office to see what was going on with that "urgent" MRI that was supposed to be scheduled 2 weeks ago. I found out, after some waiting, that it hadn't been ordered. This would have been SLIGHTLY more acceptable had I not called 3-4 times over the past 2 weeks about said MRI. Now I have to "give it a couple of days" to even have them start trying to schedule it. Great.
Got blood work done. So many of those people smelled like stake booze and cigars. Not good when you can't breathe. Then, the radiology department smelled like subway urine. Really. I probably just made up that term, "subway urine" but really, it fits.

I am still not feeling well. I don't feel "sick" but I am in a lot of pain and a bit dizzy.
I am having double surgery on my left eye on Thursday. Hopefully this will help at least with the latter.

It is cold. I don't deal well with cold. My blood sugars have been decent, just have to prick my fingers at least 4 times to get any dang blood out of them when I am cold. Ah well.

2 comments:

  1. I think the "subway urine" smell has to do with the disinfecting cleaners they use. A long time ago, urine itself used to be used to disinfect things: it's not unreasonable to assume that the some of the chemicals found in urine - the chemicals that made urine effective - are also found in modern cleaners, and that those chemicals have a strong scent.

    Good luck with the MRI and bloodwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, I think, in actuality, it was because of the clientele that happened to be in the area at the time. Ah well.

    ReplyDelete