Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Not good.

On Friday, I was on my way to meet a friend and go on a cruise in the evening. While on the bus on the way in town, I got a HUGE hemorrhage in my left eye and a small one on the right. I knew that ios what they were because it had happened so many times. The doctor wanted me to let him know if anything happened between my last appointment and my next one, which was scheduled for late next week, so I called. I spoke to the retina fellow on-call and was told I would be safe to go on the boat, but to move my appointment to this week. So I moved it to Wednesday.
My body had other plans.
I woke up yestdrday, half blind. I had to keep checking to see if my eyes were really ioen is the best way I can think of it. I called the retina doc's office and was told to go to the ER and have the retina fellow in-call paged. I did this, and was told that I have new hemorrhages in both eyes and that the right one (usually the good eye) was worse and has "streaking" biut this was not really explained to me.
I was told to keep my appointment for Wednesday with my retina doc and that I may have to have invasive surgery on one or both of my eyes. This will be determined tomorrow, I guess.

Today, I went to the kidney doctor and she took more blood. Other than that, it was just basic discussion and my weight has dropped slughtly since the last time I saw her (which was in May)

I have lost about 18lbs since my last trip to the ER (early June) but have been at a standstill for the most part for a couple of months. I am doing the best I can to exercise as much as I can, like I said, and eat a fairly healthy diet when I do eat.

I apologize for the many typos that i am sure are in this entry. My vision is serevely impaired and I do not know if it will get better. I am trying to hard to remain hopeful, but I just keep gettning knocked down. I don't know how long I can keep this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment