Friday, August 28, 2009

Doctor My Eyes....

So, the Avastin injections were scary and painful.
My right eye bled and the blood is still visible. I am still in pain, but it is not too bad, just rather annoying. I have to put antibiotic drops in four times a day through tomorrow.

I was able to see the show on Wednesday, so that was nice. It was not perfect vision, but it was MUCH better than I was expecting. I will take it, gladly.

Yesterday, I met with a Sleep Disorder Fellow. She was nice, but her superior... not so much.
The fellow mentioned that when I was in for the sleep study (which I had to inform her I had already had) the report showed that (besides the apnea) I cried in my sleep. I had no idea. Nobody ever told me that. I told her I wondered if that MIGHT have been an isolated incident, via a PTSD trigger. I remember VERY clearly that night that just as I was finally falling asleep, there was a HUGE trigger factor on a news broadcast and I woke up with a jerk-type motion and then it took me a while to get back to sleep. Maybe when I finally did, that is when it happened? I have no actual idea, I am just speculating.
The superior came in and said that he does want to fit me for a CPAP, but he also pretty much said that he thinks I am crazy and should be calling psych too. He pretty much laughed in my face when I said I wanted to try to stay clear of any anti-depressants that had a COMMON side effect of edema because of this whole situation. So what... I shouldn't be looking out for myself? Whatever, dude. Nice of you to introduce yourself too...

Today, I have a pre-op physical. I am going to have to get there on my own. I am kind of nervous about it. I got to yesterday's appointment on my own just fine, but today's is in an area that is a bit tricky to get to with compromised vision/mobility. Hopefully the assisstance I THINK I have set up is a sure thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment