Thursday, May 6, 2010

Wait.... WHAT!?

So those dietitian/nutritionist appointments I had this week?
First, the dietitian was trying to help me with carb counting, which was all well and good until she started using McDonald's items as examples.
Anyone who knows me knows I don't tend to eat that crap.
Then, I went to the nutritionist, and (this is the 2nd time I have met him) he came in and said "your diabetes is in terrible control" to which I responded "Excuse me? Look at my numbers. I have a ways to go, but my A1c is down to 9 from FOURTEEN, so don't you DARE say that to me." He looked at my chart and realized that I was correct.
He then upped the does of my thyroid medication and sent in a referral for Gastric Bypass Surgery.

*blinkblink*

2 years I have been trying to figure out how and why I gained 100lbs in 3 days and NOBODY can tell me any damn thing... but NOBODY has brought up GBS.

I am going in for an information session (which apparently is "mandatory" if I do wind up wanting it...) in about a month. I will hear them out. I am indeed curious to see WHY they think that a surgery to remove FAT from my body will be of any use when its the FLUID that is the problem. Really.

I am going in with a positive attitude and an open mind.. but I will also be going in chock full of questions and hopefully with a friend or few to help me get them answered.

Meanwhile, the anxiety issues still trouble me, and I am again wide awake at 3am.

No comments:

Post a Comment