Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hmmm...

Okay, so I guess I should do a medicine update since it has changed a bit.

I went off the Maxzide and was put back on Lasix then I was taken off of those and but on Bumex after I'd been given Lasix by IV several times a day while I was in the hospital, but not discharged with anything...

Now the kidney doctor does not want me on any diuretics because she says that she has seen too may patients start on them as young as me and wind up n dialysis and doe because of it, so she sent me for the aforementioned tests and x-rays and wants me to return next week and she wants me to go see one of her colleagues and a major hospital.

My PCP seems a little miffed because he thinks I will be upset with him when I swell up again and have no diuretic to counteract it- but they aren't DOING anything, so what it the point? I mean, I was on the Bumex a couple of weeks ago when I went to the ER after gaining 10 pounds in 2 hours, so really... I'm mad that I am swollen, and scared... but I swelled up on May 9th, 2008, out of the blue before I ever met this doctor.
The PCP did say that I had a positive ANA a few times so that I might have lupus, but I have no idea.. I have heard that before. I don't know what to think. I need to ask around and find out what I need to do to get an answer on that one.

Tomorrow, I am having the scratch tests at the allergist office, and hopefully after that, I will be able to take my Zyrtec, because the last time I took it was last Friday morning and I am itchy as anything night now!!!

Anyway, the current meds:

Lantus
Humalog 75/25 (though I have lowered the dosage)
Topamax
Levoxyl
Diovan
Zyrtec (except for this week because of the allergy test)
Albuterol (as needed)
Ranitadine (as needed)

I think that is everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment